Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Writing - Don't Break the Chain post



    "I can't write." Jeremiah said as he banged his head against his closed laptop.
    With a look of disgust, Kenroy stood up from his own computer and walked across the room to his disheartened brother. Grabbing him, by the scruff of the shirt, he got unpleasantly close to Jerry's face.
    "Do you know how to read?"
    "What?" Jerry responded in confusion.
    "I said, 'Do you know how to read?'"
    "Of course I do."
    "So you're literate, then?"
    Jerry pushed back against his brother. Ken released him without complaint but continued to stare dead into his brother's eyes.
    "Are you literate?"
    "Of course I am!" Jerry snapped, his voice raising angrily. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"
    "If you literate, than by definition you know how to read and write. If you know how to write, than clearly that's not the actual problem." Ken's face smeared back into a condescending smirk. "Writing anything worth reading is. Now hop to it, nancy boy."
    Jerry swung for a smack across his brother's ear, but his older brother was too fast. With a snide chuckled, Ken was already making his way back from to his own computer where his video games were writing.
    With a sigh, his attention turned to his closed laptop.
    "I hate it when he's right." he mumbled as he slid the top back open.

---

(Hey all. So, per my previous post, I'm gonna try something. If I really don't have anything too worthwhile like an open book discussion, a short story, poem, or another chapter, than I will suffix it as a 'Don't Break the Chain post'. These will serve as identifiers that the post in question is literally ANYTHING and I'm using it to make sure I write that day and not let myself get lazy.

They might be good. They might be bad. They might be nothing at all. It's writing practice at the end of the day. I hope you enjoy!)

6 comments:

  1. I most definitely did enjoy it. Brothers. Love them - except when they are right. They are at their most infuriating then. And know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 4 brother's and a sister. It's easy to be frustrated with them and oh I have been a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an older brother for you.
    So these posts might not even be a story? (Since any blog post counts as writing.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha siblings can sure annoy, especially when it turns out they were right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All writing is practice to a certain extent. I like this scene.

    ReplyDelete