Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving


Hello Lovelies,

As I'm sure you can already tell, no stories today. Instead, we wanted to take a moment and wish you all a very

Happy Thanksgiving!

Now, I know more than a few of you aren't American and certainly don't celebrate this holiday, however I want to wish it all the same. As it stands, it's a holiday with a very awkward history and every year it gives me pause. It was a day born of some pretty horrific shit, like a lot of American holidays are, but I still find myself treasuring the day. To me, I find myself thinking less about American history than I do about my own. I find myself reflecting upon the things that I've been granted and those things that make my life better. I'm thankful for my wife and my brother. I'm thankful for my education and the work that I'm doing now, both personal and professional. I'm thankful for the food on my plate, the roof over my head, and the reminder that, once upon a time, I didn't have either of those things.

So, American or not, reflective upon the horrific state of this country or not, take a moment to think about what you're thankful for. In the light of so much anger, hate, and negativity, we have a bleed going on that is poisoning and draining many of us past insanity due to the non-stop assault on our senses from news, politics, and peers alike. Take a moment and consider where you are in your life and the good that exists there. Family, friends, fortune, or something else...consider and be grateful for what you have and dream of, just maybe, where you will go from it.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful day.

- RB

8 comments:

  1. And a very happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Wouldn't it be grand if EVERY day was Thanksgiving Day....it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    I have a heap to be grateful for - and I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! This year I am grateful I skipped the festivities so I will not be spreading whatever I have to my extended family. They will be thankful too, when they still feel fine in a few days.
    Meanwhile I am having soup and reflecting on all the ways I am blessed so much more than I deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robert - there's so much to be thankful for ... we're lucky in this world we live in - and I'm mighty grateful to be here ... happy and healthy - cheers to you and yours. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I agree, it's always good to reflect on all the things we're lucky enough to have in our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Robert! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete