Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Making some Changes


Hello Lovelies,

So, I wanted to take a moment and do something that I don't think I've ever done before. It's not something I intend to make any habit of in the future and generally would like to have a better control on but...

I would like to rework the last chapter I posted.

I know. It's a touch unprofessional. But as it stands I'm just not satisfied with Xenophobia Chapter 18. I don't think I need to tell anyone that yesterday was...a day.

I'm sure plenty of you know I'm American. While I always try to avoid saying anything about my political affiliation or influencing anyone in any given direction, the election yesterday deeply affected me. It's given me legitimate fears about the safety of my loved ones, my friends, and my family and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there was discussion of immigration elsewhere due to fear that those I care about might be hurt or killed in the coming months or years.

That said: I wasn't at my best yesterday. While I tried my damnedest to focus, I was unable to and it affected the quality of the work. On top of that, I forgot some things that I had meant to include (a very big 'thing' actually).

So, as it stands, I intend to rework the chapter and re-release it. My intent is to post the redo tomorrow. After that, we will likely post the work from our guest author, Samantha Shattles, on Friday.

I sincerely apologize again and have no intent to make this a regular happenstance. I always try to release quality pieces but, as it stands, I was not mentally in a great place yesterday and would feel worse about leaving subpar material out there instead of owning up and fixing it. Have a wonderful day, lovelies.

- RB

17 comments:

  1. I understand. And it is your blog, and your work. Of course its quality matters to you.
    I look forward to the reworking - and to Friday's post as well.
    I have family of sorts in the US and they too are looking at their options. And my heart goes out to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely. I feel exactly the same way. Today has been... I've not been at my best either. Rework away.

    That's one thing that amazes me about this. That you write it and put it out there immediately. I spend a lot of time writing and then going back and fixing things in prior chapters as new information comes to light. Anyone who can be okay with letting prior chapters lie has my admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert - no worries ... it's your book - I look forward to see what you amend .. take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what writers do. You are tossing them onto your blog as you create them, so there's bound to be changes you want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robert, I think it's your baby and you should do whatever you need to. God knows, 99% of the time my end product of the blog is poles apart from what I started with. :OP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writers always revise, so no big deal about revising your last chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always something to rework when one is writes. First draft gets lots of changes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, it happens. Does that mean no aid is coming?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to reading what you change about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No worries! I'd be surprised if you put out a perfect copy on the first try. Looking forward to the big inclusion tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Us writers have the power so we should use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The election really affected me, too--lots of crying, lots of panic--so I'm not surprised it ruined your focus this week. If you think your writing suffered as a result, then you have every right to edit it until it's something you're proud to share. Best of luck with reworking that chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, you aren't the only one deeply affected by the outcome. Totally understand, but it is good for me b/c I've been MIA due to the election and this way I can catch up better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes the logical thinking and the logical explanation does not work and that puts every one in a quandary.
    Let us hope that things work out fine.
    By the way long time since I saw those pencils with the rubbers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are the author, edit as much as you can if you want to. I can totally understand why you were not on your game

    ReplyDelete
  17. No worries ~ I understand! Sometimes big things happen that get in the way of one's blogging. Good luck with your rewrite. My sister and brother-in-law in Canada already offered us a spare guest room! I can understand that people are worried about the election results. I'm trying to take on an optimistic outlook. We'll see. At least you wrote Wednesday. I couldn't! Take care!

    ReplyDelete