Tuesday, March 29, 2016

(Current Untitled) - 03.29.16

http://www.wallconvert.com/search/apocalypse/


    Whether most people admit it or not, many dream about some kind of worldwide catastrophe. Whether it be zombies, some kind of massive plague, or maybe even a world war. Many people dream about having the planet wiped clean of humanity.
    Now don’t get me wrong, few would ever dream of admitting it.
    The very thought of the horror of such an event, how many lives would be wiped away in any kind of global catastrophe, is sickening. So many men, women, and children, each with their own individual hopes and dreams, likes and dislikes, gone forever. Billions lost. It turns the stomach.
    However, it’s hard not to admit that there is a certain allure. If there wasn’t, why is modern media dominated by this post-apocalyptic ideal?
    Those brave enough to admit their own desires will surely have their reasons. The environmentalist might say “Now the world can begin to heal.” The survivalist might say “Now I can live without being bothered.” Hell, we all know at least one person who wants nothing more than to just go fight the zombies that might plague this theoretical world.
    At the end of the day, no matter the reason, it all boils down to individual greed.
    The desire to see the world turned from that which it is into a barren wasteland, no matter the type, stems from a selfish desire to make the world itself yours. No rules. No boundaries. Take what you want and make your way in the world without anyone telling you what you can or can’t do. A clean slate to do what you will.
    But there’s one problem
    No one ever thinks that they will be the one to die in this apocalypse. They are the one who will see it through. They are the one that will see the world born again. They would never hope for such a disaster if they didn’t think they’d survive it.
    Would they?



6 comments:

  1. Intriguing.
    And I suspect I need to claim to be the exception. IF there is such a disaster, I belong to the catgory which hopes that our absence will allow the world to heal. And I am happy for it to heal without me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Christian, so yes, I know I will see it through. In fact, I won't even be here when t happens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it sounds like you'll have ringside seats. :)

      Delete
  3. Most people think it because they want to prove they can survive. All ego. Pffft to that though. Nuts with guns, no food, no medicine and no toilet paper. No thank you lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely an interesting post. It would be fascinating to see the different scenarios people imagine. When I think about it I don't always imagine myself surviving- but I do think about what I would do in different situations! Thanks for the food for thought.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete