Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Just a Little News


Hello Lovelies,

Today, I just wanted to drop a little bit of news. Cover a couple of things going on, a few things going forward, and generally just give a quick update as to the overall state of things.

First and foremost, I hope everyone has been enjoying "Kappa in my Closet". The idea stemmed from a conversation my wife and I had sometime back about a very real attic entrance I have hiding in my closet. While we've only been up there once and there have always been ongoing jokes about any manner of spooks, ghouls, and monsters that like to hide up there, a conversation regarding a Kappa was always my favorite. In short, it's what inspired me to write what we've gotten so far.

With that said, I'm considering continuing the story. However I'm not 100%. It was originally meant to be a fun imagination piece; simply a 'holy shit, what the hell?' kind of bit, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it's been fun so far. My only real problem is I have no idea how the hell a river monster ended up in Alex's closet.

Gonna have to think about that one.

That aside, I wanted to let you know that I've been considering everyone's input regarding the Book Reviews and I think I'm going to use it as an avenue for things that spark my interest versus random reviews. As mentioned before, this is not and was not intended to be a book review site...but let's be blunt here: I read a LOT. And, being the opinionated ass that I tend to be, sometimes I just get an itch to share my thoughts.

Why do I say this now?

Because I'm doing a comparison piece in the next post.

Yea. Now what?

With all things said and done, I wanted to take a special moment to thank everyone for their input. You're all wonderful and I want you to know I read every comment I receive. They really do help drive me forward.

But enough mushy stuff!

Drawing some inspiration from something Liz said the other day, I have a question for all of YOU:

What is your guilty pleasure genre?

Personally, I've always loved the creature feature. They can be zombies, monsters, aliens; pretty much anything where humans are pitted against beasts supernatural or otherwise. As mentioned in a previous post, my enjoyment is due to a reflection of man's prowess in the face of adversity, but adding big baddies just makes it so much fun.

What about you? What movie/book/play/etc. genre can you just not get enough of?

6 comments:

  1. Well, I already told you I'm not a creature feature fan. Hmmm... I won't admit to guilty pleasures in public, so... I like good fantasy or sci fi. That's all I'll admit to at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memoirs, diaries, autobiographies. I am insatiably curious. About rather a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a lot and don't discriminate against any genre. However, I do find myself gravitating towards dystopian stories or creepy reads (Stephen King). Maybe instead of full on reviews, you could do a weekly or monthly "What I Read" type of post. I used to enjoy reading http://charpenette.blogspot.ca/ and her weekly book reads/small reviews until she stopped blogging. Found a lot of great reads from her list that I never would have checked out otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My reading favorites are fantasy and science fiction. Don't really have a guilty pleasure there. As for movies, definitely the monster movie. Big monsters preferably. I grew up on a heavy dose of Godzilla so and giant monster movie has my attention.
    And if it's bad, I just pray RiffTrax tackles it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped going guilty pleasures pretty much at the end of college (high school). I realised that I didn't care what people thought about my tastes.:-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... I did wonder where your idea stemmed from!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete