Sunday, October 11, 2015

Two Sentence Story - 10.11.15 - "O Death"




"Help me!" She screamed as loud as she could, praying that anyone might hear her while she desperately tried to keep grip on the cliffside. That was when cold, bony fingers took hold of her hands and pulled her away from the brink of life and death.



Hey all, I hope you enjoyed today's two sentence story. I know that it wasn't particularly "horror" (more likely than not it's, at most, kinda creepy to think about). That said, however, I was heavily inspired by the song "O Death" and this little tidbit was just begging to be let out. 



Song Source: Until Dawn - PlayStation 4  

9 comments:

  1. Should she be grateful she's alive or will it be worse than death? I thought it was a bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the question, isn't it...IS she alive?

      Delete
  2. I certainly read it as the cold bony fingers belonged to Death himself and that she is no longer on the brink, but has taken the final step. Or perhaps I am just morbid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) That actually was what I was going for. Like I prefaced, I know it was particularly Horror in anyway, but it just seemed like such an interesting play an imagery that I had to get it out on paper.

      Delete
  3. I think we all sometimes have the feeling of going over the edge - creepy but good! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is great, and still very much horror, IMO. Can't help but wonder what's awaiting her after having those bony hands pull her up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe Death helped her to her final resting place

    ReplyDelete
  6. never scream in dark places.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very powerful! Did the fingers pull her toward life or death?

    ReplyDelete